How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BillyHvac Your Own Question
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 22517
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
BillyHvac is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a baystat240a that has gone bad. Trying to replace and

Customer Question

have a baystat240a that has gone bad. Trying to replace and do not know where the wire labeled "T" should go
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 days
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: called lowes they said call Trane and ask
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope and I have it done but the T wire connection
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.


My name is Billy.

The T was a feature called an anticipator. It is no longer used. When replacing with a thermostat that has no T we simply tape off and do not use.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further questions just let me know.

If all set just rate service to close.