HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Heil gas furnace...G9mve and honeywell

Customer Question
thermostat...rthl3550 JA: Did you double-check the...
I have a Heil gas furnace...G9mve and honeywell thermostat...rthl3550
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?
Customer: cant get the ac to come on
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have 5 wires to thermostat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/19/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, had you just replaced the thermostat? if so, tell me which color wires were connected to which terminals on the OLD thermostat, and which color wires are now connected to which terminals on the new thermostat... if that's not the case tell me in detail when this problem began and a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its all new...red on thermostat red with jumper...yellow on yellow...white on white...green on green...blue on w2
Ive put it a few furnaces...but not a Heil...i had the heat going over the winter but never got the green light to come on

Thanks, ***** ***** incorrectly, but I need to see a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside the same compartment door that covers the printed circuit card

There are also dip switch settings that need to be set (page 24)

http://www.utcccs-cdn.com/hvac/docs/1011/Public/09/44001440002_ICP_27378.pdf

We can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ill get over there tomorrow and send it to you...thanks

Great. I will be here

http://screencast.com/t/3DihfvwClXhP

If you get zero voltage readings between R and C check fuse just below that terminal strip with a 3 or an E on it

If the fuse is blown replace with a 3 amp automotive type fuse.

Leave the blue disconnected on both ends.

We can go from there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Phil
The 3amp fuse was blown...and I got 24 volts between the posts
I attached the diagrams
connection diagram.jpgconnect...jpgconnection diagram legend.jpgconnect...jpgschematic diagram.jpgschemat...jpgschematic legend.jpgschemat...jpgfuse test.jpgfuse test.jpg
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry
I just now seen your photo from my computer the test you wanted....it didn't come up on my phone.
I test it tomorrow
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer