HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My iComfort WiFi thermostat has gone blank and I can't seem

Customer Question
to turn it back on...
my iComfort WiFi thermostat has gone blank and I can't seem to turn it back on. What can I do?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: thermostat issue
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to if it isnt a big problem
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a lennox AC and furnace linked to this thermostat
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/18/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

Quite often this is due to no power to the thermostat because of no power to furnace, blown fuse or tripped water safety.

Do you have access to the furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do

Great...first can you tell me furnace model number? Or a pic with doors off?

We want to check furnace first and the safetys

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SLP98UH090V36C-04
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lennox

thank you, ***** ***** has a circuit board that will have lights lit...can you remove the front door ?

when front door off you will see a panel in bottom with a view port the size of a quarter...look in this window for any lights that are lit or blinking.

If you remove the panel with view port we can check the small breaker on side of control box.

SEE HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok , i do see the lights and i removed the panel with the view port. the lights shutt off as there is a switch that when panel is removed, the lights turn off. Beside this trip switch, ther is a small black switch with "3amp" written beside it

activate the 3 amp switch..it may or may not be tripped.

Then..the water switch...would you be able to bypass for a test? Basically remove the 2 wires that go to it and connect togther as though it wasnt there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what should i expect to see or hear?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do you activate the 3 amp switch?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there any specific way to remove the wires from this 3 amp switch??

Power to the thermoststat should appear.

The 3 amp is just a little rocker switch..if it is tripped you will be able to press one side down and hear a click..if it is not tripped it will not move.

We are NOT bypassing the 3 amp.....we ar wanting to bypass the water safety switch.

Can you post pic of the drain or pump?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where would i find the drain or pump? would it be in the same area as the circuit board or above it?

attached to the furnace is an ac coil...from this comes a drain pipe that drains water/condensation....do you see this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do. Sorry but I would know how to post a pic.

You would take a pic and have on your computer...then click on the attach files link..it will let you then pick a picture from your computer..

Please check THIS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looks OK

put bottom panel back on...power on...is thermostat still blank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thermostat is still blank
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
red blinking light visible through view port
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer