Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a ge zoneline model az58h09eacm1. There is power to

Customer Question

I have a ge zoneline model az58h09eacm1. There is power to the unit but it will not operate on the unit controls or the wall thermostat. Replaced it with another unit and it works fine. I think its one of the boards but not sure how to tell which one.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help. I would like to find a way to determine which is the bad board without having to change out each board separately and then putting the unit back together and then taking it apart again to test each board. There are three boards on the unit. There's an Operation board, a Drive board and a Main board.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. I am going to pull up some information on your unit and see if this is something I can help you with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Travis, your email on 9/6/16 said you were going to pull up some information on my unit and get back to me. It's been a week and I was wondering if you had any luck. I still need help. Thank you, *****
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

So what exactly is the unit not doing? I see you said it has power but will not operate on the thermostat or unit controls and you replaced it with another unit. What unit did you replace?

Please do not rate badly as I am just trying to figure out exactly what you are experiencing to better diagnosis your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Travis It's a GE Zoneline model AZ58H09EACM1 PTAC. The one I'm having the problem with was originally in one of our guestrooms.. There was power to it but it wouldn't run on either the unit controls or the wall thermostat. I can choose which one to run it from by using a dip switch on the PTAC. When it is on the PTAC unit controls, the digital display doesn't light up. I was hoping to get help in determining which of the control boards could cause this problem without having to replace all the boards. There are three boards on the PTAC, an Operation board, a Drive board and a Main board. I replaced this PTAC with another one I had in my shop and it works, so I know it's not a power problem at the outlet for the PTAC. Thank you, Wally
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Ok since the digital display is not lighting up that tells me that the main control board is faulty. You are going to need to replace that one in order to get it working correctly.

If you find this information helpful please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me. I certainly hope you can get your unit up and running again. I know how frustrating that can be. The main control board will be the one you need to replace.