HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I just bought a house with the Lifebreath 95 max in place.

Customer Question
Dead insects are appearing below...
I just bought a house with the Lifebreath 95 max in place. Dead insects are appearing below the inflow pipe so I took the core out and cleaned it and the filters but now I am having trouble getting the filters back in place and there are no clips on the core to attach them that way. Also the 2 filters are different sizes but the places that they are supposed to fit in appear to be the same size to me. I can find no diagram anywhere telling which filter goes where and how to keep them in place while I slide the core back in. Help please!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 1 year ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

The two filters attach to the core with "clips". See page 19 of this installation manual for their location. If you don't have clips, you may need to order from a Lifebreath distributor such as this one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this model does not have clips or a place to put them. The core would not fit back in if it has anything attached to its side and it is clear that the filters need to be preplaced but there are no directions re which of the 2 different sized filters fits where

Sorry was looking at the 100/155 series. The filters should be near the top right at the inlet and outlet and looks like there are 2 different sizes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already told you that. The inlet and outlet spaces appear to be the same size. Which filter goes where?

The filters should be identical in composition. But I show the smaller filter goes to the left as facing the front. See this document.

Unfortunately, there are no really good pictures that I could find on the internet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately when the filters are placed as you just suggested they tend to fall back down and hence a poor fit and my insect problem. I cant say that I am satisfied with this exchange

Let me check with Lifebreath tomorrow, see if I can find a solution.

In the meantime if you can upload some pictures of the inside of unit and where you are placing filters, it would be helpful. It makes it really tough to troubleshoot over the internet and a good visual always helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thankyou!

Also, serial number of the unit will help should it be needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
serial number CABH###-##-####

OK, and pictures will be great as soon as you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how am I supposed to add pictures here?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I will send photos as soon as they download but dont want to take the core all of the way out in case I cant get it back in...once again loads of flying insects released into my basement upon opening it up

To add pictures, save to your PC and upload using the small paper clip icon at the top of answer box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is no paperclip icon at the top of the answer box!!!!! Please refund my money!!!!

Are you using a desktop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am tired of this please issue a refund
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer