HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

America home last night about 9:30 pm and my deep freezer

Customer Question

America home last night about 9:30 pm and my deep freezer was making a loud buzzing sound. I turned off the alarm button on the freezer. Tried it this morning about 8 am and it is still making that sound
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

If it is buzzing and it is not the alarm check and see if it is the compressor making the noise or check and see if the fan inside is hitting something or bad. It can only be a couple things that can cause that noise and you should be able to narrow the location of the noise down. Let me know what you find.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan isn't hitting anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not the compressor
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Then the control would be the only thing that is causing that noise. If you have an electronic control that is the issue, if not check the lower kick grill for a switch to turn off the alarm. The electronic controls fail a lot on their freezers so it would not be too shocking that it is bad.