Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I've got a delonghi 12500 btu portable AC unit that

Customer Question

I've got a delonghi 12500 btu portable AC unit that violently shakes as the compressor turns off
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I'll try to turn back on after about 30 seconds then turn off again after another 30 seconds
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

This is going to be a bad compressor. This occasionally happens when a compressor is bad.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any additional questions?