HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have low suction pressure and the head pressure is running…

Hello, I have low...

Hello, I have low suction pressure and the head pressure is running high Checked liquid line temp and it was running very hot Cleaned both coils and checked filter W HAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

STARTED YESTURDAY

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

CHECKED FOR LEAKS COULD NOT FIND TRIED ADDING FREON BECAUSE PRESSURES WAS RUNNING LOW AND IT STILL STARTED FREEZING UP AT THE CAP TUBES GOING INTO THE INDOOR COIL

7/7/2016
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

This sounds like a restriction in the system. This could be dirt, debris, something blocking flow through the metering device.

THIS WOULD ACCOUNT FOR THE VERY HOT TEMP ON THE LIQUID LINE

Yes, it would.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I WAS NOT SURE BUT YOU HELPED ME
COULD I POSSIBLY STILL HAVE COMPRESSOR PROBLEMS

I don't think so, in this case.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Even though the site has a deposit from you, it is not transferred to me until you positively rate my work. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Thank you!

Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional