HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Can a new WIFXV-60SVW2 evaporator be used with 410

Customer Question
condenser JA: I'll do all I...
can a new WIFXV-60SVW2 evaporator be used with 410 condenser
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: dealing with it right now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/6/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Was the WIFXV used with a r22 freon condenser before?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
brand new out of the box

Does the unit specify R410a or R22, as they come in both models

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the seller says its for r22
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dont see anything in general specs
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was supplied with two orifices

unit may not work as components don't have the same design pressure but if suppliedwith 2 orrifice it may be a universal unit.

Info on that unit is all spanish on the net, have you gone through the details in the manual supplied with unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have

In the installation manual you should find specifications of orifice details and installation details

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there are none
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was supplied with an additional 980 orifice

There is no info available to say for sure if that will convert your unit to R410, can you revise the literature carefully for the use of that orrifice?

I tried calling tech support for that unit a westing house with no success !!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your final thoughts

Try tech support at a latter time, they seem to be closed at this time 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can i try another technician

Yes for sure.

HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Nordyne (Wh makes Westinghouse)makes this unit for use with R410A or R22 but they are different units.

The unit you have is designed for use with R22 only

The orifices are for using with different R22 outdoor units

You would need the WIFXV-60EW4E for R410

Not saying you could not use it and get by, but Nordyne does not recommend as the design pressure on the R410 is about 60% higher than the R22.

Since this unit is designed for use with R22 you will chance premature leaking due to the operating pressures.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician