How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a condo that was built over 20 years ago and there is

Customer Question

i have a condo that was built over 20 years ago and there is no airconditioning anymore .
its a house unit called Bristol ./
last year my capacitor on my house air conditioner went out and i was able to change it ..what do i need to check on this bristol air conditioner as the fuses seem to be fine . ...
thanks .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Will need the exact model #

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is that located ?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Usually on a sticker on unit, you will have to find it to continue

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

As far as I know, BRISTOL is the name of the compressor inside AC and not the make of AC itself

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, so with that said . what is the most obvious cause of these older unit blowing, out .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model is h23b28sa bca......and inside it says .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
these are the numbers ..
please help;
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info, your AC unit is a Carrier central air conditioner 38CKS series, they are a complex unit with many switches and devises that could go defective, and this unit is attached to a indoor blower unit or furnace that also have a series of switches.

Diagnosing the exact problem would require you to be knowledgeable with electronic diagnosing skills and voltmeter knowhow.

Is that your case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am fairly good sir .
i have changed a couple round tube capacitor or resistor small tube looking units before . that were attached to the outside unit and you could tell that they sweeled up and popped .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it helps the unit does not turn on outside when i engage the power . so this is a good starting place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please close question