HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Our new Carrier AC unit is not connecting with the Honeywell

Customer Question
thermostat (wireless), the thermostat says...
Our new Carrier AC unit is not connecting with the Honeywell thermostat (wireless), the thermostat says No Signal. On the side of the AC unit, it has instructions about green flashing light, etc., but no lights are illuminated on the side of the tank at all.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Not sure
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/6/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

What is exact model of AC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Carrier 3 ton AC unit, I have two model numbers listed on the paperwork. 24ACC636A003 for the condenser and CNPVP3617ALA for the coil
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband is wondering if it is the wireless thermostat that is the problem. The connect button does nothing, no light, nothing. But the power light is on the EIM.
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Yes it is sounding like a bad wireless thermostat given the issues and that would not be uncommon.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH