airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My Trane is cooling but humidity seems gh in house. Is there

Customer Question

My Trane is cooling but humidity seems high in house. Is there a humidity sensor that somehoe regulates'
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Some thermostats have sensors and some don't for humidity.Can you provide model on thermostat and if possible, remove front cover on thermostat and tell me what wires connect to what terminals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Trane thermostat for a Trane model 6199 unit. Not sure this will help but going counter clockwise starting at top (12) orange wire to 0, green to G, yellow to Y, purple to T, Red to R, white to W, aad blue to B. Also, a tech was out loaded 2lbs of R22 and said it needed a new TXV valve. But does this influence the humidity? I measured the difference between incoming air and cooled air. This was 22 degrees 76/54. So cooling is not a problem.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like he may need to speed that blower up if possible.We should only have a 17 to 20 degree drop across the coil. Air moving too slowly will result in a colder than normal coil and actually hurt removal of humidity