HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a central a/c model brcq0241be and my dog was digging

Customer Question
I have a coleman central...
I have a coleman central a/c model brcq0241be and my dog was digging and tore out the thermostat wiring out of the control box I need to know how to wire it back up. I have three wires coming from in side the house blue, red, and white, the blue wire is attached to the yellow wire coming from the fan control box, the red and white is coming from the thermostat, the red is attached to rc and the white is attached to y. the out side wire coming from the condensor is orange and two blues the orange is coming from the step down trans former and the blues are coming off of the contact switch.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
7/3/2016
HVAC Technician: HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician
Sure, I'm one of the experts here. Anyway you could take a picture and attach it here and then I can draw it out for you?Thanks for using just answers and remember to rate me at the end so I can be paid for my time helping you :)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a degree in electronics, I just can't find a wiring diagram for this system, I know the orange wire coming off of the condensor is the 24v and the blue wire coming off of the contact switch activates the switch, I pretty sure the other blue wire is to activate the fan motor inside on the furnance, so I just need to know what the red=RC ,the White=y coming from the thermostat get attached there are only three wires to be hooked up.
Anyway you can snap a picture ?Most of the time it's just 2 wires that hook up at outside unit
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This system has a 220v step down to 24v transformer, the orange wire is coming from that, this woill provide the 24v for the contact switch, the contact switch has 2 blues coming off from it one is to engage the the compressor and the other to activate the furnance fan. the three wires coming from the furnance is a red=rc, white=y and a blue which is attached to a yellow wire which goes to the fan control box, the red wire is attached to the rc in the thermostat and the white is attached to the y from the thermostat. I hope this gives you a better description to help me. If I had a wiring diagram of this I could figure it out myself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figured it out by using the thermostat wiring diagram, so thanks anyways, you can refund my account since I did not receive any information from you.
Thank You!
Sincerely
Tom W.
I'm sorry man. I'm out on a call in the field. We are all experts in the field so sometimes our jobs get in the way, I was gonna get back to you, if you ever need help in future please let me know. When I get to my computer when i get home I'll request a refund
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician