BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Ruud Model UGPH-10EBRJR. I had to replace the relay

Customer Question

I have a Ruud Model UGPH-10EBRJR. I had to replace the relay mech. on the outside compressor unit and when I turned the unit on, it would not startup. I checked the inside unit and found that the 3amp fuze was blown on the circuit board and I replaced it, and now the unit comes on and works properly, except, the unit will not shut off the blower fan when the unit outside shuts down. The fan continuously runs.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

My name is Billy. I have my thoughts already but can you do one test for me? Just remove the top section of the thermostat and tell me if blower still runs nonstop?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan is still running. I took off the thermostat (honeywell/round/mercury control.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. When the fuse blew it compromised the blower relay on the circuit board. Basically it weld shut with a tiny spark.

The only fix is to replace the circuit board.

Billy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

dont you see the answer that was relayed 10 minutes ago

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Prev answer 2:00pm

Thank you. When the fuse blew it compromised the blower relay on the circuit board. Basically it weld shut with a tiny spark. The only fix is to replace the circuit board. Billy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Billy are you there?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I responded twice, did you get my messages?