D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

We have two cronotherm IV plus thermostats, one downstair

Customer Question

We have two cronotherm IV plus thermostats, one downstair and one on upper level. The one downstairs seems to not be working as of this morning. Upstairs unit id working. The one downstairs is displaying settings but also showing the tempurature rising as is is not turning on the ac unit. Could it be that it needs new batteries ?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Because the upstairs thermostat works fine and had a new capasitor installed to ac unit two weeks ago as compressor stopped comming onand the capassitor resolved the issue , I beleave this is specific to the downstairs thermostat.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, does the thermostat have batteries in it ? Do thermostats wear out ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is all.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Do you have 2 separate ac systems (each thermostat controls a system?) f so is downstairs indoor and outdoor unit coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have one ac unit .
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK you must have a zoned system.I will open to experts more familiar with zoning systems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanksKindly,
Penny Crooks
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still need assistance with this issue? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No need for your services. It has been longer than a 24hour turn around for you to get back to me and the situation has been resolved as I contacted another source. :)

Alright, I just wanted to check. I personally had not been online in a few days and seen the question up there and that it was older. I will let customer service know to issue any refunds for deposits paid. Thanks.