HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My unit was installed the end of November 2010, occupancy

Customer Question
did not occur until May...
My unit was installed the end of November 2010, occupancy did not occur until May 2011. Last week the blower motor went out. I get this unit serviced 2 times a year to make sure all is running well. Isn't this a little premature to have problems like this within the first 5 - 6 years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
6/28/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

In answer to your question - yes....you should not have these issues this soon.

But they do happen unfortunately. The higher tech motors are generally more prone to failure. They are certainly more efficient, but ust like with accessories on a car that leaves more room for issues.

Were you covered at least for parts under warranty?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I asked a follow-up question to determine if the parts were under warranty. You have the model and serial numbers, can you determine if they are?

I apologize for delay as I did not see/get the follow up question.

The unit has a 10 year compressor and other parts are 5 years.

Your unit is mfg 29th week of 2010.

Now comes how good your contractor is....if you are dealing with the installing contractor there should be some leniency. Given May 2011 as far occupancy puts the unit just outside of the warranty.

If the installer has also been the one servicing you should have some credit. It wont be full but I know I meet customers more than half way when these "just out of warranty" issues happen.

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech