HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I think my blower motor is bad... how do I take it out. Is

Customer Question
I think my blower motor...
I think my blower motor is bad... how do I take it out. Is it on the side.. behind the side panel
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it went out last night... no air... inside but the fan outside is turnibg
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: truning
JA: Huh?
Customer: yes if I can .. I know some about HVAC
JA: Just to clarify, what type of HVAC system is this? Single, multi-staged, or zoned?
Customer: single... a heat pack unit
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the location of the blower motor ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2016
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician

Hi Jon, I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Can I get the make and model number of the unit in question please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dina024n05606c ncgm028682
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I need to go . I want to take the motor out..

Very good, I will be around till late tonight. I have the manual for your unit and will post it here. After removing the blower side panel, you will need to take out the screws across the top front of the blower at the edges of the blower and after disconnecting the wiring, the blower should slide out toward you. There are a few things that can prevent the blower from running and those should be checked first. The blower control and blower motor capacitor should be checked first. Once you confirm the capacitor is good and the motor is getting power from the control and the motor still doesn't run, then the motor can be condemned.

Let me know how I can help further.

Thanks,

Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks.. went outside unhooking it now. Going to call a friend to help me.

Very good. Click Here for a copy of the manual. If you need further assistance just post a new reply.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician