HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Payne Model PY1PNB036090ABAA Hvac system (gas

Customer Question
furnace). The thermostat stopped...
I have a Payne Model PY1PNB036090ABAA Hvac system (gas furnace). The thermostat stopped functioning properly (fan would not shut off) so I bought a Honeywell non-programmable thermostat and installed it. now I have nothing, no digital display, no fan, nothing. so, I removed the new thermostat, reinstalled the old one, and again I have nothing. what did I do wrong, and how do I correct it?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?
Customer: Well, I am not worried about the pilot lite as it is 80 + degrees now. neither ac nor furnace seems to work.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well, I would like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is all I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you did not turn power off before replacing furnace lets look and see if there is a small fuse on furnace control board that may have blown.

http://i.imgur.com/90juVsc.png

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** check that fuse, but not till morning as I don't choose to work on electric, in the dark. will I be able to reach you in the morning if the fuse is not the problem?

Yes just come back to question and we will go from here. Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician