HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Phil, I have an xr11 2ttr1036a1000aa trane heat pump that is doing a terrible job of cooling...

Customer Question
Hi Phil, I have an...
Hi Phil, I have an xr11 2ttr1036a1000aa trane heat pump that is doing a terrible job of cooling
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/19/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is the indoor and outdoor both coming on? If so can you tell if the compressor,not just fan is coming on in outdoor unit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it sounds like more than a fan outside and the inside is definitely running. We are getting mildly cool air coming out of the registers

Feel of the large copper pe leaving the outdoor unit and tell me if it is "beer can cold" and sweating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the tube that is wrapped with foam?

Yes, either feel inside the foam or at the valve on unit where it connects

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Roger... warm not cold or sweating. Time to take the cover off and multimeter/jump some stuff?

If it is not cold, either compressor is not coming on or we are low on Freon. Do you have an amp meter to clamp on a compressor wire to make sure it is drawing amps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the $200 variety of a multi-meter no clamp like they would use at the auto parts store to verify your alternator functioning.

OK without the meter,we first need to get close enough to compressor to see if we hear it running,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how to proceed? do I need to power everything off, turn off power at the circuit breaker and then remove a side panel?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get to that part shortly.

Sounds good,That will tell us what we need

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer