Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a ten year old Maytag 4-Ton R-410A heat pump with a

Customer Question

I have a ten year old Maytag 4-Ton R-410A heat pump with a failed compressor. The compressor is still under warranty and the original installer is going to replace it. However they will not replace the reversing valve which I think they should due to its age and the system being opened for compressor replacement. Would you know the part number of the Nordyne valve that would work for the system? I have a few spares stored but I want to make sure of form and fit. The pump model is: PSH4BD048-K Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the reversing valves are more or less generic... the tube configurations are the same for all of them ..the size of the tube connections varies with the tonnage rating... If the tube sizes are the same, it will work just fine. Hand it to them with instructions to install it if you can see that it will fit in the same space and connections (which it most likely will).

Please do not forget to rate my work, its how I earn a living, I work at my own expense otherwise. In exchange I will hold the question open for any follow up you might need at no additional charge.

To rate, just locate the 'rate your expert' link, click on it and follow the prompts.

Thanks!