airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My havoc criterion furnace/ac unit : My hvac rheem

Customer Question

My havoc criterion furnace/ac unit
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My hvac rheem furnace/ac unit getting power to the circuit board fan want
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: getting power to circuit board but nothing is coming on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

1. Do you have a meter for troubleshooting?

2.Are there led lights on board and do they light up?

Can you provide full model.It will be on a label inside burner compartment(Something like RGDH07EAUER or similar)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes
2.no lights on board
3. RGPH-07EAMGR serial# *****
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few moments to grab a manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok lets start by locating the transformer and check for 120v in and 24v out of transformer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't want to switch to phone
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

No problem The phone is an automatic option the site sends.Just ignore and we will work here.lets start by locating the transformer and check for 120v in and 24v out of transformer

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Keep in mind door switch will need to be held in to check voltage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked the voltes no power but it has power going to circuit board but It want come on.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The PWR and OK light should both be on if we have power to board.Do we have the 120v between L1 and Neutral terminals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door switch was held it has power on door switch to circuit board but circuit board doesn't come on
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Next with door switch in, check between XMFR and Neutral for 120v to tansformer

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If we have 120v between XFMR and Neutral check this little fuse .Remove and see if it is burned.

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

If we have 120v out at XFMR and Neural and fuse is good, check for 24v between SEC and COM on board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no juice going the board checked everything you said fuse good
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK we have no 120 between L1 and Neutral or between XFMR and neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't have power from the 24v to sec and com
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK but we do have the 120 in at L1 and neutral and out from XFMR and neutral?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No calls
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok your problem is a bad transformer or fuse on transformer. Rheem used both fused and non fused.Does your transformer have a fuse?

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Rheem-46-101496-01-40VA-Transformer-120V-24V?gclid=CPirhLH9p80CFc8lgQodOo8IOQ

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ignore the call request.Website does that automatically

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the one with no fuse
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK you will need to replace the transformer.You can get a universal120/24v 40 va transformer for less than 20 bucks at any appliance parts store.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars below.