HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Condenser not running. Furnace is running non stop and there is a light flashing...

Customer Question
Condenser not running JA: I'll do...
Condenser not running
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Furnace is running non stop and there is a light flashing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I replaced the capacitor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

hello,

my name is Billy.

Does the furnace blower run even if thermostat turned off?

thank you...do you mind taking the doors off the furnace?

we need to check a small fuse....also is there a chance any thermostat wire to the outdoor unit was, weedwacked, pulled, chewed etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok doors are off...The cables to the condenser is pretty thick

Not the 220v wires...there is a small thermostat cable that runs to ac along with the refrigerant pipe.

Now..on the circuit board with the blinking light...do you see a blade fuse like in a car..or can you post a pic?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is wrapped pretty tightly to the pipe and is in tact I'm going to pull off the door and see if it's intact.Ok I'll take a pic give me a sec

standing by...do not hurry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok the pic is not being friendly

ok, do you have a model number?...or do you see a slot fuse near the light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fault recall
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Damn fuse burnt
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I replaced it with a good one I had in the garage
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I turn it on?

you can....but if the short is still there...bad wire, bare wire etc...the fuse will blow again.

If it does. get more fuses and start searching that small wire into the outdoor unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lol ok

The good news is once you rate the service I am available for 30 days of follow up in case you hit a snag.

Just rate service at top of page and I wish you the best

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
far so good it was my fault I brought a new wifi thermostat which required g to c and a jumper ... After getting upset I just replaced it a basic one and returned the wiring back
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its working !!!!!!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much

Excellent...well done

You are back in business....with your system you need power to furnace cut...not ac..Thanks for your patience

Billy

If you reinstall the wifi I can help with that also...

would you like me to close this thread for now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I'll pass on the wifi I might get the nest thermostat seems pretty straight forward
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks again

you are very welcome...just rate service to close and have a great weekend

Billy

I see this is still open (the system forces a response from me )

Do you need more info or is there a site issue?

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech