Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rheem natural gas water heater. gas valve is in lookout.

Customer Question

Rheem natural gas water heater. gas valve is in lookout. Have tried troubleshooting in manual to no avail. blue light flashes in seven series. There is no flammable liquids in area. I think there is a bypass procedure. any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Can you post a picture of the gas control valve here? the model number of your unit would also be helpful. You can post a pic here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

There is a reset procedure but it's different for each model gas valve. So I need to know what you have before I can give you the procedure