HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I changed the batteries in my Aprilaire thermostat 8463 and

Customer Question
Hi. I changed the...
Hi. I changed the batteries in my Aprilaire thermostat 8463 and the control panel is not lighting up. What should I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The led screen on the thermostat went blank so I changed the batteries.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The downstairs is working.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
6/6/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 1 year ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.

Have you checked for power at the furnace or air handler connected to this thermostat?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer