HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a Weatherking heat pump AC, The pump is outside the

Customer Question
We have a Weatherking heat...
We have a Weatherking heat pump AC, The pump is outside the furnace and AC in the attic. Last night the AC went out. It is 108+ here in AZ The fan still blows. I did do a rest on the thermostat, no so good. This AM we checked and the drain was not draining water.My husband pulled turned off the main AC circuit to checked to clean around the pump for trash, and check the capacitor, which was replaced last year. At that time her was a circuit board with blinking red lights and heard humming noise . He pulled the furnace circuit breaker and the noise stopped. There are solenoids right by the circuit board, they made a clicking noise and the drain starting to run. We have done nothing else What can we do next? Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
6/4/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, these are very complex systems. Tell me a lot about your electronics and electrical skills and I can coach you on the diagnosis most appropriately.

Tell me if you have cleaned the condenser coil in the outside unit, and looked for a one inch hole in the side with a reset button behind it.

We can go from there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The coils are clean, is the reset button the one on the black box in the middle of all the wires etc?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If so we hit that button and now the compressor sounds like it is running...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are red lights flashing though

Good work, you pressed the high pressure safety reset...now... turn power off to the unit and rush over to a big box type hardware store and buy some AC coil cleaner spray foam, and brush, follow the directions and clean the condenser coil.

If the unit is running ignore the red lights those flash when a cooling signal is received.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDtT6hSpV4s

Please find the 'rate your expert' button and rate my work, its how I earn a living and will not affect your charges.. in exchange I will hold the question open for any follow up you need,

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer