Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I understand the E4 means that the water tank flipper is not

Customer Question

I understand the E4 means that the water tank flipper is not working. What do we do to fix it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, that could be a legitimate error code because the water tank flipper (actually a float switch) is stuck, or an entirely bogus error code related to defects in the units printed circuit board.

Remove the tank and inspect the float switch (flipper) and its wiring for being stuck or clogged with debris, observe the error code read out to see if anything you do changes it.

Let me know how that goes, please hold your rating until we get this sorted out.

Thanks. Then, be sure to rate, its how I earn a living and does not increase your charges.