Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have the thermostat set in the "off" position and the

Customer Question

I have the thermostat set in the "off" position and the outside unit and air handler continue to run and temperature in house is 2 degrees below the set point.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

The fact that the fan is still running can only mean that you are shutting the wrong breaker

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not answered my question satisfactory and let's end the conversation and I will not pay.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Phil. There is a separate breaker for the inside unit... look for that, we can continue if you wish, or I can opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out. I have contacted a local HVAC tech and he will look at system tomorrow. Thanks.