HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My ac is not cold : The fan outside is working but the air

Customer Question
My ac is not cold JA...
My ac is not cold
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The fan outside is working but the air is not cool
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
5/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is the compressor actually running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is running

OK do you have freon gauges or can you go to the evaporator coil in the plenum? See if the copper lines are icing there at all.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are not icing

OK then the unit may just be out or really low on freon, you would really need a gauge on the suction side to at least tell something more, but it sounds like it is either out of gas or the compressor may be bad and not pumping gas.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH