HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Just came from vacation, my thermostat is frozen. Once the

Customer Question
Hi just came from vacation...
Hi just came from vacation, my thermostat is frozen. Once the vent works, any idea?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The air condition thermostat is completely frozen
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Is just that it is on 72 degrees frozen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

Try to reset the thermostat by removing the batteries from it or the C wire to it and see if it will work, also depending on the model some thermostats have a reset button or procedure you can try to reset it, you can find that in the owners manual online if you have the make and model number.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH