Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have two Emerson thermostats in my home /C. Someone messed

Customer Question

I have two Emerson thermostats in my home for A/C. Someone messed with one and put various temperatures for various periods of time. I am not technical at all and now I can not get one of the thermostats to work. I says temp hold 77 and I can not get it to do anything.
I want to eliminate all the temperature settings on it and just operate it manually to wherever I want to set it, day or night. Can you tell me how to do that?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.To operate manually, you would just use the up and down arrow buttons to set a certain temp, then hit HOLD
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any questions on this?