HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Our Honeywell thermostat was set to 72 degrees cool- and

Customer Question
when I went upstairs the...
Our Honeywell thermostat was set to 72 degrees cool- and when I went upstairs the heat was blowing and the temperature at the zone was reading 99. Any ideas how this could have happened?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
5/18/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Hello, My name is***** many zones are on this system? 1 system and more than one thermostat?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3 systems and 3 thermostats.
thank you...this means 3 different systems ...thus no zone panel.This generally is a failure of the thermostat itself. Can you remove thermostat for a test? Take red wire from R yellow wire from Y and green wire from G and twist them all together NOTE if this is heat pump take O wire and combine also...tell me if the unit runs indoor and out.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer