HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Where is the battery located on my carrier infinity system

Customer Question
thermostat JA: I'll do all I...
Where is the battery located on my carrier infinity system thermostat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Well the screen just went blank a while ago and it will come back on I think it might be the battery but I'm not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
5/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 1 year ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!Can I get the model number of the thermostat? This may be found on the back part of the front section of the thermostat.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
SYSTXCCUIDO1-B
This is a communicating thermostat. No batteries. If the display is going blank, either the furnace or air handler this connects to is have a power issue OR the thermostat itself is bad.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So what should I do?
What does this connect to?
No, that's not what I mean. I mean does this connect to a gas forced air furnace? An air handler? What?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean it's a central air system if that's wat u mean...
I understand that. But in your basement or your attic, wherever the unit that blows air through the house is. What kind of unit is it? A gas furnace will have gas piping. An air handler, no gas piping.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you talking about the heat pump?
Since this problem could be caused by your furnace or air handler, next time it happens, take the front section off the wall and with a voltmeter set to "volts AC", test from the C to the D terminal at the stat. We should see 24 volts. If not, then your furnace or air handler is bad. If there is 24 volts and no display, the thermostat is bad. If you are not able to perform these tests that's OK, Since it's only a year old, the unit is covered under warranty. Then it would be best to contact your local HVAC service shop.
I have to step away for a short while, but can answer any other questions you have when I get back.
Let me know if you have additional questions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So I called around and the closest HVAC shop is three hours away and they only travel about an hour out
We could troubleshoot further, but you would need a voltmeter. And even if we found the problem, you would need parts. Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I probably wouldn't be able to get one until Saturday is that too long to wait?
No, question will remain open.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!
OK
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks for waiting! So I just tested it and I'm getting 27.0 volts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So where should I go to get a new thermostat?
Your best bet is online since local Carrier dealers will probably not sell to you. If you enter that model number into a search engine, it should bring up many sites that sell this and then you can compare prices.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Isn't it still under warranty?
If you are going to try and get it covered under warranty, you will need to go through your local Carrier dealer. They are the only ones that can turn it in for warranty replacement.
Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.
Tim H.
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional