HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Model 15pjl48a01 removed fuse at air exchanger to have vents

Customer Question
cleaned and after replacing fuse...
model 15pjl48a01 removed fuse at air exchanger to have vents cleaned and after replacing fuse unit works ok when on but the fan that operates even when unit is in off position at thermastat does not work
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
5/7/2016
HVAC Technician: HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
HvacmanSean
HvacmanSean, HVAC Technician
Hey bud, Are we talking about the A/C Im gonna write out a few things here and its gonna be somewhat long, usually I don't do this but because my internet is so limited today/tonight its the best way. When your referring to the fuse at the A/C, Disconnect Is what im guessing your referring too, A disconnect only controls your 220 voltage so this would not have a effect on your actual thermostat, Unless for some reason your low voltage shorted out.NOW regarding your ducts being cleaned, THIS I have seen that I am in the field, Depending on what they actually did in the ducts sometimes they can knock your wires and break the connection. You can do a few different things at the actual furnace, One being you can take the thermostat and hard wire it directly to the board, I have done this to rule out a broken wire in the home or ducts ( some contractors ran it thru ducts) So from what im seeing is this is one of 2 things, One being a broken thermostat wire, Or a bad thermostat that failed at a very odd time....
If this helps you please rate my service IF it doesnt then just post back and ill get back to you as soon as you can!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hey bud, they charge extra for phone calls, The lowest I can do it to let system do it is $5.00
I proposed the offer and can take a phone call currently?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not a ac expert but since all they did was remove the fuse at the air exchanger in the attic then replace it when finished cleaning the vents I don't think it is a problem at the thermostat as the unit works fine with the thermostat in the on position either cool or heat. There is a small fan that runs all the time with the thermostat off that the installer said only draws the voltage of a light bulb and could be turned off if we wanted but recommended it be left on for better comfort. I think the removal of the fuse may have caused something to be reset
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
I read your post a few times and cant make sense of it, first why are you referring to fuses?? I am willing to help you but I will need better info.
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
1. It appears the model you have provided is for the outdoor unit, but issue is with the indoor..Can you provide model on indoor unit?2. Was this small fan running all the time before they performed the work?3. Where is this fan that runs non stop? Is it part of the furnace ?Pictures would help if you have them.
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician