HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Pearl, Im not sure you would be able to figure this one

Customer Question
Hi pearl, Im not sure...
Hi pearl, Im not sure you would be able to figure this one out. i've been searching online for a few hours.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have an old 8 wire Thermostat (original with the house, 30 years old) and I am replacing it with a radiowave thermostat that i have used in my past homes. after transfering the wire colors, the entire system does not turn on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: original thermo stat is weather tron and the new thermostat is CT101 Radio Thermostat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. What wires are to what terminals and did you blow the low voltage fuse on the board?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
First time:
B-blue to B on board
o-orange to O on board
G- to G on board
R to RH on board
Y to Y on board
W to W on board
** two left over wires labeled T (teal colored) and X2this did not work at all.second time:
moved the B wire to Y2
jumped wire RH to RC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still no power or reaction from system
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://assistly-production.s3.amazonaws.com/91626/kb_article_attachments/48764/CT101_Install_9feb15web_original.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJNSFWOZ6ZS23BMKQ&Expires=1462415201&Signature=IquoTnt3kUle%2FoVtMaSKWOC7v8c%3D&response-content-disposition=filename%3D%22CT101_Install_9feb15web.pdf%22&response-content-type=application%2Fpdfthis is link to the thermostat I am trying to use.
Do you have 24 volts from the R to the C connection?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no. The board has RC and RH and C. The RH and RC are jumped. There is no wire to C.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
X3oDMTIyMWxtNjZtBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMyYzVmNDc0OTMxNjQ2MTAwMGY0OTZmYzc5ZDFiMWYwNARncG9zAzkEaXQDYmluZwthis is an image of the exact thermostat I am replacing
Nothing you have linked have come through?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no. Should i like the RH to the C terminal on board?this is a correct link
http://f01.justanswer.com/JACUSTOMERtvsblwyc/2011-10-12_024236_img_8489.jpg
Ok you should have 24 volts AC fro the T-Brown wire to the R-Red wire...do you have that?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The T wire does not have a place labeled on the new board. Can I connect them to same terminal on the board?
No connect it to the C connection and it then should work
All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no reaction from system
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reset the circuit breakers in the panel, and the one outside in the condenser unit, to no avail
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i would like to emphasize that I just need the AC to work and not the heating system. I live in florida. We do not use the Heater. Is this even possible?
Yes you may have blown the low voltage fuse on the airhandler when switching the wires to the new thermostat. You will have to see if you blew the fuse or see if you actually have 24 volts to the thermostat with a volt meter otherwise this will be a futile effort.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if i ask where can i find and replace this fuse, is it misplaced in this conversation?
There should be an inline fuse to the board at the airhandler, it really depends on the exact system you have bit most have one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apologize for taking a while to respond. I am looking at the air handler, and I see a few odd shaped terminals. I am not sure what the fuses look like or which on I am looking at in particular.
Like this on the board CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do not beleive there is a board such as that, on this air handler. this appears to be very old. I might not be able to figure this out.
Can you see if you have 24 volts at your board with a volt meter?
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH