D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

Dear tech, There's a somewhat older generation Rheem thermostat

Customer Question

Dear tech,
There's a somewhat older generation Rheem thermostat called Rheem RHC-TST551CMMS. It uses older "Comfort Control" communications.
Which currently manufactured and sold Rheem Furnaces, AC and coils are fully controlled by this thermostat?
I'm into buying previous, proven generation controls and devices. I don't want to jump into the leading edge EcoNet.
Thanks,
Mike Boyar
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear tech,There's a somewhat older generation Rheem thermostat called Rheem RHC-TST551CMMS. It uses older "Comfort Control" communications.Which currently manufactured and sold Rheem Furnaces, AC and coils are fully controlled by this thermostat?I'm into buying previous, provengeneration controls and devices. I don't want to jump into the leading edge EcoNet.Thanks,
Mike Boyar
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Mike I read your statement but what is the question??? Are you looking to buy this or what exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm looking to buy a set of Rheem devices (Furnace, AC, Evaporator coil )supporting so-called "Comfort Control" protocol. Most new Rheem devices migrated to a newer protocol called EcoNet. I don't want EcoNet devices. So, I'd like to know which currently manufactured and sold devices still support that "Comfort Control" protocolThanks
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 1 year ago.
Hi what pieces of equipment are you looking for exactly? I can get you the model series or exact models if you provide the capacities you need. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Modulating furnace
Evaporation coil for the above
2-stage AC3 requirements:
- made by Rheem
- can be fully controlled by Rheem 551 thermostat
- sold today (not in the past)Thanks
OK. I will do some research on this with my supplier and get back in touch with you by this time tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken I believe there is still current models but I will verify all this through my supplier and give you the model series of each item. Thanks.
I talk to my supplier and they say that there are some outdoor units that are two stage still available however in order to be able to verify that it will work they would need an exact model number that you're trying to replace as far as the evaporators they are all the same and I've identified a model series of gas furnace that would work but again I would need exact model numbers of what's being replaced in order to verify a correct replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Example is RARL- JEZ series, specifically RARL-024-JEZhttp://www.rheem.com/docs/fetchDocument.aspx?id=e14c1d03-150a-4f6f-a3fb-9269b63f52c4Note that the brochure above, on page 3 shows compatibility with 500-series thermostat.Thanks,
OK thanks c
I'm going to opt out due to delayed responses from my supplier. This way your question will be available for other experts who may be able to help you immediately. Should my supplier contact me back while this question is still open I will respond again. Thanks.