HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

AC Compressor is on and compressor evap line is cold. Condensor

Customer Question
line is room temp. Inside...
AC Compressor is on and compressor evap line is cold. Condensor line is room temp. Inside HVAC blower does not come on for a long time after AC unit is running ( out of sync). How do I get them in sync?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
4/20/2016
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Is the blower just stalling and not starting up and also what unit is this and is it an ECM blower?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blower will run after about 5-8 minutes of AC unit running. Blower runs for approximately 5-8 minutes then shuts off. AC unit stays running. Before blower turns on I noticed evap line at very bottom of AC unit will frost over. Once the inside blower turns on the evap line will thaw. Honeywell digital thermostat, York AC unit model H2RA030S06D it is a Goodman HVAC unit. Not sure what model. I think it is ECM because it has a digital air cycler mounted to it
You may have an ECM issue with the motor. Does the motor start up when you set it to FAN ON right away?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes. Blower also turns on when air cycler timer tells it to (20 minutes off, 5 minutes on). Blower will stay on for the entire 5 minute cycle.
Is there any blower delay settings on the panel when you open it and check the diagram?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll have to get back with you on that in about 6 hours. I'm at work right now
ok
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer