HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 13 year old Mastercool Evaporative Cooler. The thermostat

Customer Question
I have a 13 year...
I have a 13 year old Mastercool Evaporative Cooler. The thermostat has finally given out. I bought a new thermo but of course the colors arent the same. Can you tell me which color wire operate 1) Fan High 2)Fan Low 3)Pump? The colors for the wiring are red, blue.yellow, green and white which was not used. The colors for the new thermo are orange (fan hi) yellow (fan lo) Violet (pump) Red (Active) and White (neutral).
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The new thermo is an Ez Stat Power
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
4/19/2016
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Can you give me the part number of the part supplied and if you can the model number of your cooler - Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no part number on the EZ Stat but the name is***** for Two Speed Evaporative Cooler Control. I do not have the model number anymore of the MasterCool 2 speed Evap Cooler.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No link on the email you sent worked.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello!
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
Yes I am still looking into it but you havent given me much to go on so am having to do abit of research before I give you a response. Did you keep a note of the original connections to the thermostat?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The colors that I stated in the original question: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and White(not used) come from the cooler. What each color does is what I am trying to find out so I can connect the new thermo.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I had to go up on the roof to get the model #. Not a great idea at 79 yrs. Mastercool Plus Model # *****
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
From that I assume that you did not take note of the original connections? Am I to understand that the new thermostat is a Dial 7625 model?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is 7621.
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK I'm afraid you are going to have to leave this with me for a while as your model wasn't actually made by Mastercool at all but by a company called Essick Air in Little Rock AR - their switchboard has just advised that no-one is available to speak to in their technical department currently so I will try them later and come back to you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will that be by email?
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
No I will try and catch them before they close today if anyone is available later.
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting for a response from Essick but in the meantime could you try and help a little further. I need your to tell me which wires go to firstly the pump and secondly the two speed fan by their color codes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I talked to John at Dial (EziStat thermo). He said I had the wrong thermo...that I need a LOW VOLTAGE THERMOSTAT. A LOW VOLTAGE will work with my existing wiring. I ordered one from Grainger this morning.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wish I knew the color codes. My best guess is green..pump, red low fan...blue hi fan.
HVAC Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
You might wish to look at this before you try and fit the new one - http://www.indoorcomfortsupply.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=2551
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would you suggest I look for the color codes?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That like the one I had is NOT a low voltage thermostat.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
At this point I think we are wasting each other's time. Over & out.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer