Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My luxaire furnace ignites but burners don't lit( 7 red

Customer Question

Hi, My luxaire furnace ignites but burners don't lit( 7 red flashes). Thermocouple is clean, no water in pressure lines or furnace. Motor fan is working. The furnace tries three times and the main fan comes on but no flame on burners. Flipped gas valve off and back on. Tested pressure switches they seem to be switching properly. Could it be the limit switch?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.Can you check flash code legend near board and see what the 7 flash code indicates? I don't readily have this info available.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Any luck?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
If you're not able to find the flash code legend, don't worry about it. You say it goes through the motions, but burners don't light, correct?