HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Want instructions to install this part TPAC split system,

Customer Question
want instructions to install this...
want instructions to install this part for LG TPAC split system, i ordered the part for the code the unit gave
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have LG split system that gave a flashing code CH-02, I order the part for this code and want instrutions on how to install it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appliance Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
4/12/2016
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello, what part did you buy, I need the name of it, not its part number, if you can attach a photo that will help also, use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to attach the picture. We can go from there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thermistor, repair clinic part no.(###) ###-####
Thanks, ***** ***** something you would most likely be to replace yourself without difficulty. Just locate the thermistor where its sensor is mounted and follow the wires back to the printed circuit board, unplug the existing thermistor and plug the new one in. If you can give me the full model number of the LG TPAC I should be able to find an exploded diagram of the unit that shows where that sensor is located. We can go from there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need instruction on how to open the unit to reach to the circuit board, findiing and replacing the part is not a big deal. The model is LP153HD3A
Hello again, that model number brings up a window unit, not a split systemhttp://www.partselect.com/Models/LP153HD3A/ Look that over,maybe I mistyped the model number, or is this actually what you have. We can go from there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The correct model is LMN095HVT
Hello, LG is not supporting that unit with a manual... they offer at two page drawing, first item in section 7http://www.lg-dfs.com/product-literature.aspx?page=7&pagesize=25&resourcesType=&category=&product=&sortBy=Date&sortDirection=desc Sorry that I could not be more help.. we see a lot of this with the chinese imports, equipment sold to sell at the lowest possible cost, without much consideration for repair, especially at US labor rates. This is not an answer, but if you can remove the 3 screws reached through the plastic cover on the front, the louvered panel, then one generally behind a tiny plastic cover on the right end of the control panel or inside the control panel, then two screws at the bottom of the plastic front section... then spread the sides to release the cleats, you can pull the bottom out, then lift up to release the cleats on top... then very carefully disconnect the linkage to the air sweep louvers... then remove the entire front... the rest should more obvious from there. I will opt out in case one of the other experts here has better information.
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Do you require anymore assistance?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, I have LG split ac model no lmn095hvt giving error code CH 02 need to fix this problem
Here is manual for indoor disassembly plan, no detailed info on how to change a specific part, Does details are normally never provided in service documentation for most split ac units litterature.I can explain the procedure by phone If you would like.
file:///C:/Users/Luc/Downloads/2010-11_service_lmn096-126hvt_%20flex-multi_wall-mount_indoor_mfl61777625_20120105132900.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the correct part number for this error code CH 02 for this model, because Iam finding conflicting numbers for parts on the Internet
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Technician Phil opted out from this assistants, is my paid already be used for this purpose
The money you paid already is good for my assistance also but if you want to continue by phone, it cost extra.Here is the link for checking sensor that plugs on indoor board at CN-TH1( inlet pipe sensor part # *****)Refer to page 5 of this manual, do you have the tester and knowledge on how to preform these tests? if not call an LG tech.https://www.lgklimaat.nl/Sitefiles/downloads/LG%20Checkpoint-%20codes/LGCheckpointcodes.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could not find this part number in repair clinic or any where. Regard phone help is it a one call deal only and the time limitThanks
Part number is ***** LG manual I provided you, You may have to look for part by name to find it.phone call can be more than once if needed for one transaction.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Testing is not a problem but I need a picture on the location of this part, also need detailed instruction on how to open the unit to get into this location
You have the perfect picture in front of you, remove the 3 screws Left, right, and center bottom of unit, found behind the louvered panel, they are behind a tiny plastic cover, then 3 screws behind the filter access door, remove screw that holds electrical access door on the right side.Then pull of front casing of unit, top part of it has to be clipped out.Sensor will be visible at that point clipped to the right side of coil., pull it out, and fallow wire to the electronic board.Unplug , test resistance, if no good replace it.
Hope this is helpful but you have to realise that it is not for everyone to tinker with these units, it is possible to break plastic parts while attempting to take theme apart. Good luckGaztech
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You mentioned picture, but I did not get any picture, also if u have visual picture of where to replace this part.Thanks
Again here is the manual refer page 4 the sensor plugs in CNTH1 the electronic board is inside unit on the right side, fallow instructions I already gave you to access it, refer to page 5 for image of breakdown.If you still dont get it ..Call a technician.file:///C:/Users/Luc/Downloads/2010-11_service_lmn096-126hvt_%20flex-multi_wall-mount_indoor_mfl61777625_20120105132900.pdf
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ordered the part but it is on a back order, once received and installed will leave the feed back
OK, you can always check back to me on this page if you need more assistance, but for now can you please Click Finished and Rate, this way I can be credited for assisting you up to now.SincerelyGaztech1
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician