HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My AC seems to be incompatible with the rth2300 thermostat,

Customer Question
it blows the 3 amp...
My AC seems to be incompatible with the rth2300 thermostat, it blows the 3 amp low voltage fuse. I removed the thermostat and connected a switch to connect red (hot) to green & yellow (compressor and fan) and it works fine. I've cycled several times without the fuse blowing. I tried 2 RTH2300s so it seems like it has to be the thermostat. Got a suggestion for an alternate thermostat please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
4/10/2016
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Hi i am dan I can help you with this, it is very strange for that to happen but not surprising for a honeywell thermostat. I would recommend an aprilaire or pro iaq thermostat I rarely have problems with those 2 brands. You can pick whatever model you prefer if you have just a conventional ac system.
Hi, did this answer your question or do you have any more questions?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ordered one of the aprilaire thermostats. Hopefully I'll have better with with it. Thanks.
Ok let me know if that works for you or if you need help with installing it.
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician