BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a 2006 Bixby max fire pellet stove. Just lately it

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Bixby max fire pellet stove. Just lately it will fire up and then gets hot and shuts down after a few minutes and the blower is not blowing. Can you help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Do you have an error code ? and what blower are you refering to, Exauxt fan or convection fan( hot air to the room)
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Most common problems with those units are lack of care and maintenance.Here is the service manual in case you do not have one.https://www.scribd.com/doc/3155803/Bixby-MaxFire-and-UBB-Service-Manualgo to page 27 for that.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is***** answer is going to be related to the blower motor or the snap sisc that connects to send power to blower motor. If the motor has 120v when it should be running then motor is bad...If the motor does NOT have 120v then you wil need to check the blower fan snap disc. Billy