HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Nordyne furnace in my manufacture home that will not

Customer Question
fire. It has a standing...
i have a Nordyne furnace in my manufacture home that will not fire. It has a standing pilot that stays lite and i got 24 volts at the gas valve that has a slight buzzing noise until i pull one of the leads. my line of thought is if i have power at the gas valve then all my other switches are good and the gas valve is bad
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2016
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.I agree with your assessment. If the pilot is lit and you have 24 volts to the gas valve but no main burner ignition then you need a new gas valve.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but shouldnt the induction fan start before power is supplied the the gas valve
Yes but that doesn't have anything to do with the gas valve issue. If you have 24 volts to the valve then the valve should open and the main burner should fire. The draft inducer not running is a separate issue.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i thought that the fan running should be the first step in the sequence of operation
Of course I'm assuming you have gas to the gas valve
Again, the inducer not running is a separate issue. Yes the inducer starting up is the first thing that should happen with a call for heat. Do you have power to the inducer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i havent checked that and in i dont know if the inducer is part of the motor or a stand alone component
For our purposes they're the same thing. Do you have power to the inducer?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ill have to check that but if thats not running would i still get 24 volts to the valve
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i would think it would try to open the vale without the fan runnig
You said you had 24 volts at the valve.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes
The draft pressure switch would have to be stuck closed to get 24 volts to the valve if the inducer isn't running
Do you have any more questions?
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor