HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Furnace lights up n then shuts down we notated the led light

Customer Question
Furnace lights up n then...
Furnace lights up n then shuts down we notated the led light non stop blinking goodman furnace chilly in house
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Goodman. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Put heat on all nozzles light 5 of them n then they start to dimmer n shut down n we cleaned flame sensor
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Do u need model number? N we also notated water on concrete as well
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2016
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

Tell me what the led light does when you first call for heat and then when burners shut off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Gnmnt1004B
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Calls for heat stays red ..after three tries to keep flame in nozzle it shuts down n the light blinks non stops when system shuts down it stops
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u need Ken to go down n try it again?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are u there?

Sorry got a call right after replying.I am pulling a manual on furnace now

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK was getting worried it's chilly in house n it doesn't help me with being cold with thyroid problems

Have him watch the blinks closely and tell me if there is a pause like 2 blink pause repeat, or 3 blink pause repeat etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steady
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure what to do. Electric is not my thing

I will guide you. Do you know what the transformer looks like?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
NO what is the reason to do that
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would parity get reversed

Could be as simple as power company changing a transformer a block away.

If changing polarity does not help, you will need a new board if we are getting a continuous blink.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK but I do not know what transform looks like. I would have to go down and open up panel

Yes I will be in the blower compartment.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pk can u hold on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK going back to unit

Just unplug and switch the red and blow low voltage wires at transformer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How about we take a picture n you tell us

That will be great.

If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or

You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .

Here is a link to the site.

http://tinypic.com/

Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.

They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW

You will see your picture on right side of screen.

Then copy the link URL for email & IM

Paste that link here on the site.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I will be happy to assist by phone.

If you would like to work by phone just accept offer and provide number.Otherwise we can continue here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why more money. It's ridiculous. The picture did not go through
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He is already pissed that I paid so far
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not paying more
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess this the end decision

I have no problem working here.I received the requst thatYOU wanted a phone call.Did he do as instructed switchng the wires?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we were not sure n picture didn't take we have no service at that part of the house.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There were three blues left hand side on top there was a black n white on the oppsite side was a red one n the top part was white not sure if that is it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no red and blue wire on bottom.

What color wires connect to the 24v terminals?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I go in basement I lose i
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I

I understand. Go to basement. Locate the transformer, see what wires connect to the terminals on transformer labeled 24v and switch them to see if it makes a difference and furnace will work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Going downstairs now

Standing by

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK so am i

Let me know if that helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am waiting n I hope so finances are tight..

I understand and understand the frustration.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We were burning through propane a few years ago when it vqas close to $4.a gal n I was flipping n we changed nozzles n it made a big difference
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No good still going on n shutting off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When they light up there a bright n then you can see the light diming n then goes out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ugh

I think I would go ahead and call in a tech before just start replacing parts.The continuous flashing shows reversed polarity as you can see on the link I sent.You could have a defective board, but it is also possible there is a gas pressure issue.One quick question , are you sure tank has plenty of fuel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
40% we are all propane stove BBQ n dryer no problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We ran it almost empty n never had a problem n how does it reverse it self?

Yeah, could be a bad gas valve or board.I think I would call in a tech to verify unless you want to start replacing parts in which case I would start with board.I can request a refund of your money since we were not able to get your heat working if you would like.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK how long does a board last

Polarity can get reversed by utility company replacing a transformer on line, but more often than not it is a board issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see sears carries the board for 135. Is it a easy swap? N should we reverse those wires
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Our wires are under ground

Boards can fail at any time due to the sensitivity to power surges and such. You can get a board online for about 75 bucks .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u have the part number n do u think we can change it ourselves? N yes s refund. Would be appreciated

I can look up the part number for you and help you locate one if interested, but would not feel refund in order if I spend time doing the research for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I will find it myself...thank you still hoping refund would be applicable thank you

No problem at all. Good luck with getting this solved quickly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you n thank god its not winter but still chilly

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer