HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am having a hard time with the rewire of a fan control

Customer Question
Hello. I am having a...
Hello. I am having a hard time with the rewire of a fan control center. The old center had 4 wires bundled together off the transformer, 2 black and 2 red. Then adjacent to those are a black and white wire. The replacement only has 3 wires coming off the transformer, red, brown and black and adjacent to that a black and white. Coming out of the box it was connected to was a white and black wire, I am assuming from the switch for main power. Then there are 3 wires coming from below, I am assuming the blower motor. They are white, black and red. Then on the left of the box are 3 more wires, red, black and blue. I am not sure what is supposed to connect to what. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
3/29/2016
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hello, I will be rite with you.

Luke

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you! I can provide photos if needed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wanted to make a change, the 3 wires coming from the blower are white, black and blue. Not red. My apologies

OK send me a detailed photo

Thanks, ***** ***** the old wiring diagram, did you not wire went where, and you could use that to adapt to new wiring diagram

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to understand the diagram. I don't understand which wires connect to each other. And with the new control missing a wire and just having a brown wire I don't understand what is to be connected.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way that you can just explain which wires are to be connected together? Would it be easier to talk over the phone?

OK can you give me a good picture of furnace wiring diagram

Can we continue in half hour, I must leave for a short meeting

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Will be with you shortly

I am drawing up a simple wiring diagram , will be done soon

OK here you go.

Dont forget to click ACCEPT ANSWER and RATE XXXXX for Assisting you if we are all done, this way I will be paid for helping you.

Cheers

Hello, are you still there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's all wired up but the thermostat will not activate the burners. The fan works if I turn that setting on. But when I set the desired temperature on the thermostat it doesn't kick on the burners. Any thoughts?

OK Heat goes on when R and W are bypassed rite at the fan center, can you take a picture

OK stand by

Did you get the t-Stat to initiate burners?

The fan on did not start fan cause furnace went in lookout because fan did not start when it should of

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. I still cannot get it to initiate the burners. They will just kick on randomly, almost in 5-10
Min intervals on their own. Burn for a bit, and then just shut back off. It's like the fan isn't working anymore

That is because furnace locks out on hight limit, better stop it for now, I think there is one wire that is in the wrong spot on my diagram. stand by

can you cut off power to furnace and reverse the brown for the red on fan center,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Once that is done should I try it again?

yes

could you send me picture of your new fan center wiring diagram

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I apologize for the delay. It all lit up came on and started to blow. It will not stop when it reaches the temp set on the thermostat. Lowering the temp on the thermostat doesn't stop it. Turning the fan from auto to on switches the fan off

Thanks, ***** ***** continue with you tomorrow, to late now, OK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Hello good morning, Here a revised wiring diagram.

Please disregard the other one. as it doesnt work. It was getting to late I guess!!

Hope it all works out for you, I was glad to assist you, if theres anymore question after you click finish and rate, you just reply on this conversation.

best regards

Luke

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The diagram is not attached.
Your rite??
I will send when i get back to office.
About 1h

Sorry for the delay, drew up a new diagram this morning before leaving for work, and left out the link??

Here you go.

Use the black wire from motor, dont use blue from motor just marette the end off

OK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will try it as soon as I get home. Thanks

Let me know how it went,

Can you click FINISH and RATE ANSWER so I can be paid for assisting you please?

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician