Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I am having a hard time with the rewire of a fan control

Customer Question

Hello. I am having a hard time with the rewire of a fan control center. The old center had 4 wires bundled together off the transformer, 2 black and 2 red. Then adjacent to those are a black and white wire. The replacement only has 3 wires coming off the transformer, red, brown and black and adjacent to that a black and white. Coming out of the box it was connected to was a white and black wire, I am assuming from the switch for main power. Then there are 3 wires coming from below, I am assuming the blower motor. They are white, black and red. Then on the left of the box are 3 more wires, red, black and blue. I am not sure what is supposed to connect to what. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will be rite with you.

Luke

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I can provide photos if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to make a change, the 3 wires coming from the blower are white, black and blue. Not red. My apologies
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

OK send me a detailed photo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are photos of the wires and the old and the new control
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the old wiring diagram, did you not wire went where, and you could use that to adapt to new wiring diagram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to understand the diagram. I don't understand which wires connect to each other. And with the new control missing a wire and just having a brown wire I don't understand what is to be connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way that you can just explain which wires are to be connected together? Would it be easier to talk over the phone?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

OK can you give me a good picture of furnace wiring diagram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if this works or if you need a closer one.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Can we continue in half hour, I must leave for a short meeting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Will be with you shortly

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

I am drawing up a simple wiring diagram , will be done soon

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

OK here you go.

Dont forget to click ACCEPT ANSWER and RATE XXXXX for Assisting you if we are all done, this way I will be paid for helping you.

Cheers

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are you still there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's all wired up but the thermostat will not activate the burners. The fan works if I turn that setting on. But when I set the desired temperature on the thermostat it doesn't kick on the burners. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

OK Heat goes on when R and W are bypassed rite at the fan center, can you take a picture

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also included a pic of the thermostat. Another thing that is happening is that the burners will fire up on their own, burn for a little bit, then shut back off almost right before the fan kicks on. But now the fan won't kick in even from the switch on the thermostat
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

OK stand by

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the t-Stat to initiate burners?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

The fan on did not start fan cause furnace went in lookout because fan did not start when it should of

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I still cannot get it to initiate the burners. They will just kick on randomly, almost in 5-10
Min intervals on their own. Burn for a bit, and then just shut back off. It's like the fan isn't working anymore
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

That is because furnace locks out on hight limit, better stop it for now, I think there is one wire that is in the wrong spot on my diagram. stand by

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

can you cut off power to furnace and reverse the brown for the red on fan center,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Once that is done should I try it again?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

could you send me picture of your new fan center wiring diagram

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay. It all lit up came on and started to blow. It will not stop when it reaches the temp set on the thermostat. Lowering the temp on the thermostat doesn't stop it. Turning the fan from auto to on switches the fan off
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** continue with you tomorrow, to late now, OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Hello good morning, Here a revised wiring diagram.

Please disregard the other one. as it doesnt work. It was getting to late I guess!!

Hope it all works out for you, I was glad to assist you, if theres anymore question after you click finish and rate, you just reply on this conversation.

best regards

Luke

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The diagram is not attached.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Your rite??
I will send when i get back to office.
About 1h
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, drew up a new diagram this morning before leaving for work, and left out the link??

Here you go.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Use the black wire from motor, dont use blue from motor just marette the end off

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will try it as soon as I get home. Thanks
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Let me know how it went,

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.

Can you click FINISH and RATE ANSWER so I can be paid for assisting you please?