HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Test 1 2 3, Problems with Vaillant ECOTEC EXCLUSIVE 206/4-7.

Customer Question
Test 1 2 3 JA: Thanks...
Test 1 2 3
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problems with Vaillant ECOTEC EXCLUSIVE 206/4-7. So, iam right here for this question?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
3/26/2016
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Hello, My name is Billy

Can you please tell me what the issue is?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Failure is: F27/62, happens ones per day, sometimes it runs more than 2-4 weeks. Failure comes back.
All basics are done, like cleanings and inspections. My feeling: PCB, but very expensive, so i will have the 100% feeling before changing it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sometimes when it starts for heating , ventilator for example, the display is, let say overloaded or not 100% working, after some seconds all is OK again. Failure is F62 with F27...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK one point more, iam looking for 24DC on circuit, but the highest voltage is approx. 20V. Failure comes more and more at that time, when Vaillant is in night mode or when it is warm enough, so it goes on stb by for saving energy. Makes sense.
I took some cold spray during the heating process and chekced some point on the circuit, like transistor or the 7805 stabilisator, but nothing happened, so maybe a capacitor is losing his capacity...
Lets see

Thank you,

When BOTH of those codes happen it is circuit board.

You may find the fault is based on run time, board temp.

I am confident replacing the board will remedy the errors. If it were gas valve or supply related you would not get run time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
100% or >50% ? Chance.... my friend is technican but now in easter holidays...may he will borough me a PCB for a test.

The answer I supply sounds quick and not in depth...but that is because tis much more common to me.

When you run across certain code combinations it sets a pattern...and after you see this pattern and result it becomes easier to deduce.

Granted it is site unseen, but i would say 95%. Sure there could be a strange anomaly..... but it is like saying the tire is flat because it has a hole....well the rim could have the hole but the odds are very much against it.

Billy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. So next step is to change the PCB in the next days, after easter. By the way iam new to this support here, so i quitted on pay pal payment. I will fix this, so that you will get the money for support. OK just quitted it. Money comes.
Iam leading electronic engenieer in space business (designing satellites), iam glad to know that our PCB´s are definitely better designed and check as Vaillant boards ha ha ha. Thanks for all, happy easter. Ticket can closed.
BR Lars-Christian from Bremen Germany

Thank you for your feedback.

To close just rate service at top of page.

Billy

HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 year ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Often a grounding wire issue or corroded connection can also cause this overload condition as the voltage drop of 20 volts will mess up the input signals to the board, you may want to confirm that before changing the board out. Happy Easter and if you need anything else just post back!

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Thank you for your feedback.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech