HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have 8756-27 unit and it keeps overheating ,we have an…

Customer Question
We have Taylor 8756-27...

We have Taylor 8756-27 unit and it keeps overheating ,we have an external blower fan that pulls excess heat out and we clean the coils monthly, but it still overheats. Do the newer models have a better cooling system. We can not use a water cooled unit

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
3/22/2016
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

This could be one of several things. You say you have and external blower to help, but has the condenser fan ever been checked or replaced? If this fan is running slow or extremely dirty, it can cause the unit to overheat. Also, location of machine can be important. If there is not plenty of air space around the machine, airflow through the condenser could be restricted.

Did you have any questions on this?