BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I HAVE A INTERTHERM ELECTRIC HEATER AND HAVE A REPLACEMENT

Customer Question

I HAVE A INTERTHERM ELECTRIC HEATER AND HAVE A REPLACEMENT MOTOR FOR IT tHE OLD MOTOR , a gENERAL ELECTRIC HAS A PLUG IN WIREING HARNESA THE WIRES ARE A DIFFERENT COLOR THAN THE STANDARD BLACK BLUE RED FAN SPEEDSS I DONT KNOW WICH WIRES TO WIRE ON THE OLD PLUG
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THE PLUG HAS 6 LUGS , ONE IS NOT USED I'm NOT SURE WICH LUGS ARE FAN SPEED
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello do you happen to have the model number of the Intertherm? Is this a manufactureded housing unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iNTERTHERM UNIT MAC 2454 , YES A MOBIL HOME MAYBY 1975. OLD BLOWER MOTOR WAS A GE MODEL5KCP39KG 911S
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

I will be a moment pulling that up as it is not stored electronically in my files. I will send message when I have the info

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Ok,

what color wires are on the new motor?

And I show your plug on old has black (high) red (low) blue(med high) and yellow (med low)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BLACK HIGH, BLUE MED, RED LOW AND YELLOW IS NUETUAL THIS IS A 3 SPEED MOTOR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MOTOR IS A MARS 10586
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and if still original does the EXISTING motor use a white?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Existing motor does use white
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

great...so you will wire so old white mates to new yellow, black to black, red to red..