HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I accidentally turned off my RiteTemp 6022 at the breaker

Customer Question

I accidentally turned off my RiteTemp 6022 at the breaker box. When I turned it back on, the day and night icon flash, and there is a clicking sound.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Turn it off for a full minute you may have short cycled it.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only way I can turn it off is at the breaker box. There is a switch for "Heating Unit", and another for "Roof Unit. Should I turn both off?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes turn them all off for a full minute to reset everything

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did. While we wait... The batteries are still in. The clicking stops when I remove them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned the unit back on and turned switch to heat mode. No change.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK something may have been damaged on the thermostat, try to insert the batteries in fro 3-5 secs backwards and then in the correct way to see if it resets.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to do what you suggested but noticed that the clicking noise was still going on. So just in case I will wait for your response before I put the batteries in backwards as suggested.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK what is clicking? Also is the thermostat hooked to a C wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like a clock changing in seconds, and night and day icons blinking. It is hooked to a C wire. I just thought of something. When I removed the top panel the first time, I noticed some screws appeared lose so I tightened them. Would that have caused the problem?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes if it is not making good contact with the pins yes that could be it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not feeling well (just got out of hospital). I will check the pins later. Will that be ok?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes for sure! I will be around all night and tomorrow!

HVAC GURU!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much! Either way, I will be sure to pay, you have been great help so far. I will keep window open.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yeah no problem at all!