HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Our ancient HAC blower seems not to be blowing any air. It

Customer Question

Our ancient HAC blower seems not to be blowing any air. It is humming like a tip and the filters seem clean. But no air is coming out of any of the vents. We thought maybe the filters were dirty - but that is not the case. Don't know what it could be. We hear rattling if the fan is unhappy - but it is purring like a kitten. Have tried both AC and outside air alone.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

I assume it is set to AC and did air come out of the vents when it first started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vents seem to be drawing slightly now with outside air only. It is cool tonight - so we will be ok. I will have a local repairman come tomorrow to check the vents and make sure no clogs got through the filters. Thank you for your prompt response and I see the agreed to amount has been booked from my account already (one charge of $5 and one of $23 ) and I am assuming you will get paid from this money. Thanks again for responding so promptly.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all let me know if you need any more help tomorrow after the tech has checked it out. You could have a frozen A coil causing the issue if the unit is low on freon.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU