HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My a/c will not cool below 79 in the hot summer months.

Customer Question

my a/c will not cool below 79 in the hot summer months. could it be i need a new thermostat?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

It is not likely the thermostat, you need the pressures checked on the system. Also make sure you are not using too restrictive of an air filter. Without the system pressures checked while running you are kinda flying blind here. If it is an R-22 system you should see around 60PSIG on the suction side.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You would just wire it up with the 3 wire diagram on the unit...do you see that?